- Athletes must be graduates of Marietta High School for 15 years prior to being nominated.
- Athletes must meet four of the following criteria:
- Selected as All-Ohio (first, second, or third team, honorable mention, special mention)
- Selected as First Team All-League/Conference for multiple years or multiple sports
- Was a member of a State Championship Team or was an individual State Champion
- Was a member of an All-League/Conference team
- Performed an extraordinary feat while at Marietta High School such as a School/League/Conference /State record
- Was or is a professional athlete or performed in a high-level sporting event representing the USA
- Lettered or participated in two or more years of college athletics
- Achieved outstanding recognition/success out of Marietta High School or the Ohio High School Athletic Association
- Coaches must have been out of coaching for more than five years and have coached in the Marietta system for at least ten years and/or have been a head coach at Marietta High School for at least five years.
- Coaches must meet three of the following criteria:
- Had a winning record as a coach
- Honored by peers or media at the sectional, district, regional, or state level
- Coached a league/conference, sectional, district, or regional championship team
- Made significant contributions to their community
Honorary members are supporters of Marietta High School athletics who have had outstanding accomplishments in or made contributions in one or more of the following areas: athletics, education, business, service to school or community, or country.