Other Ways to Give
There are many flexible ways you can contribute to the work of the MHSAFF, some of which are described below. To inquire further about any of these options, please contact us.
- General Donations - A general donation goes into the general endowment fund and its use will be determined by the Foundation Board. Remembering or honoring loved ones, good friends and classmates may be designated with your donation.
- Scholarships - The Marietta High School Alumni and Friends Foundation provides an avenue for donating to and establishing student scholarships.
Project Grants - The Foundation also gives you the opportunity to provide an educator, coach, or advisor the means to implement an innovative project with students through a grant. These projects could involve new technology, registration or travel funds for scholastic competitions, etc.
- Cash Gifts - Cash gifts are the simplest and most convenient way for you to share in the work of the MHSAFF. You may write a check to the foundation at any time.
- Matching Funds - If your employer has a matching funds program, your gift can be increased even doubled over the original amount.
- Gifts of Appreciated Assets - Gifts of appreciated assets save income tax and avoid the capital gains tax that would be imposed if you sold the asset yourself. Investments are excellent ways to give especially if their value is appreciated beyond the original cost.
- Charitable Remainder Trust - You may benefit from creating a trust in which you reserve a life interest for yourself or another person or persons. On the death of the named beneficiaries, the trust terminates and the principal passes into the MHSAFF endowment fund.
- Charitable Lead Trust - This method of giving reverses the concept of a Charitable Remainder Trust. You transfer assets into a trust for a designated number of years. Annual payments are made to the MHSAFF endowment fund for those years, then the assets are paid to named beneficiaries.
- Bequests - You can designate the MHSAFF as a beneficiary of your estate to receive a certain dollar amount or as the residuary or contingency beneficiary. Such bequests are free of estate and inheritance taxes.
Life Insurance - You can donate an existing life insurance policy to the MHSAFF. You will be an immediate tax deduction, usually equal to the policy's cash surrender value.
Please mail your contribution or questions concerning donations to:
The Marietta High School Alumni and Friends Foundation
Marietta High School
115 Academy Drive
Marietta, OH 45750
Levels of Giving
|Alumni / Friends||$5 - $249|
|Contributor - Single/Family||$250 - $999|
|Donor||$1,000 - $4,999|
|Supporter||$5,000 - $9,999|
|Patron||$10,000 - $24,000|